17 November 2008

Conservatism is not dead

Usually, Older folks think that young people are all bright-eyed, naive, and liberal. We are not that and so Conservatism is not dying with the old. We are the America-loving, freedom-loving, realistic, and conservative Youth. We are all of-age, but that doesn't change a thing. We still have to listen to our tenured professors spout their well-intentioned though misguided beliefs and are judged based on our concurredness with them.

What we saw in the election that Conservatism was not dying; instead it was a sign that we need to believe and exemplify our conservatism. We can hide it for a better grade- that's fine, I would do the same- but we cannot cower because we feel outnumbered. We cannot scoff our own beliefs because they are not popular. We need to stand up for them. If this country is worth fighting for, then so are our beliefs and I am not going to hide under everyone's stupid assumption that I am young and liberal. If you ask, I will tell you that I am as conservative as Ronald Reagan, as caring as Theodore Roosevelt, as concerned as Abraham Lincoln, as respectful as Dwight Eisenhower, and as religious as George W. Bush.

There is no hiding that I believe the government is only there to protect us from foreign and domestic danger. In fact, I know we all believe the government is too big for its breeches. In the words of Ronald Reagan, "The isn't government the solution, it's the problem." Now, if you believe that all I said is true, tell me. I figure no one really reads this now that the election is over, but you all receive this in your e-mail so tell me that you are conservative. Tell me that we are not letting our beliefs die. The Republican Party needs to change to match us, not the other way around.

0 comments: