28 December 2008

Christmas is making a comeback

I hope everyone had a marvelous Christmas. I certainly did. Out there in the city, I noticed many Christmas greetings this year. They are far fewer than last year, but some still did it anyway. I purposely did not mention those that said the dreaded "Happy Holidays" because they should not be mentioned for doing something so tasteless as saying "Happy Holidays". A lot of cashiers in town said Merry Christmas- myself included- and that had an impact on others. Many customers were very pleased that I said it; others simply walked away without a "have a good day". Christmas is making a comeback.
I was forced to watch Suze Orman yesterday and what she said about the economy may be a belssing in disguise. We no longer have the money to just buy out our families so instead we actually have to come together and be a family. No presents (or not nearly as many as the past), no expensive meals, just families being together enjoying each other's company. As she put it, The Good Ole Days- good old fashioned conservative Good Ole Days.

Happy New Year and maybe 2009 will be exactly what we are hoping for. (Despite the unfortunate election of a far-left liberal as our President.)

0 comments: