10 February 2009

Michael Phelps

Yesterday, this published before I had a chance to actually write anything. Let us try this again.

I think he was treated fairly for what he did. A Gold Medalist, a representative of the United States here and abroad should know better than to ever use drugs, let alone do anything illegal. He should actually get more suspension time and lost all his endorsements. It was quaint that his sponsors and the U.S. Swim Team were trying to make an example of him, but that was not enough; he should be brought up on marijuana possession charges.

Don't get me wrong; before this, I liked him. I thought he was a good guy with all the charity things he did. Not any more; he invalidated all that he did before with this. I took down my calendar and am planning on donating it to a museum because that's where all his achievements will ever be. His career is essentially dead to me and many, many people.

Let this be a lesson to all who want to act "youthful": there are people who work harder than this who succeed as well and NEVER touch a drug in their lives. All those scholastic over-achievers, all those other athletes who work tirelessly, all those workaholics, all those volunteers who make their projects perfect. Drugs are never the answer and anyone who tells you conversely is smoking something they shouldn't.

0 comments: